Publishing to the iPad using InDesign
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is an integrated package for designers, publishers, agencies and companies of all sizes to publish engaging content and publications for tablet devices, such as Apple’s groundbreaking iPad.
This one-day training course enables you to add rich interactive features to your content for global distribution onto the iPad (iOS) and other tablet devices (Android). Create visuals and presentations in the Adobe Content Viewer and integrate these with Acrobat onto iPad and Android tablets.
On the workshop you’ll develop a stunning cycle trail brochure which incorporates the touch features that iPad users love. You’ll be equipped to apply your creativity to publish your own iPad content.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Build interactive content using Adobe Content Viewer
- Reach new audiences and clients by publishing content to iOS and Android tablets
What will I learn?
- How to use Adobe DPS overview
- How to use Free Adobe Content Viewer workflow
- Using the Folio Builder to build your content
- Using Overlay Creator for interactive overlays
- How to work with slideshows and image sequences
- Working with web content and links
- Sharing .issue files for free
|The Adobe DPS (Digital Publishing Suite)||
|Adobe Content Viewer||
|Adding interactive features||
|Digital publishing tools||
|The folio Builder||
|Creating a custom viewer||
|Uploading published documents||
Please get in touch with us for information on when we are running this course.
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Metropolitan University so our courses are zero rated)
What you will need to publish content for the iPad
- InDesign CS5/CS5.5
- Folio Producer tools (Overlay Creator & Viewer Builder web dashboards).
- An Adobe ID for signing into the Folio Builder panel web dashboard.
- An internet connection.
- A Mac OS computer running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow leapard) or 10.7 (Lion).
- Viewer Builder app (available on web dashboard).
- Membership to Apple's iOS Developer Program ($99/£63 +VAT per year).
- A Single Edition serial number, $350/£224+VAT (One-off licence to publish each app to the iTunes store).
- An apple iPad is not strictly required, however is highly recommended that you prototype on an iPad before submitting your app to the iTunes store.