PHP 203 : Tools for PHP Developers
Expert PHP developers need to be able to efficiently manage PHP applications and measure their quality both as a standalone product and on the live platform. This two-day practical, workshop-style training course takes an in-depth look at the tools you need for your PHP software development.
Starting from source control, through to Apache configuration, static analysis, profiling and deployment tools, you will be taking each one for a turn yourself on the virtual machine supplied with the course. Evaluate and select those tools that will work for you, to make your development processes reliable, repeatable and painless.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Evaluate, identify and utilise the right tools to support and improve your existing development, quality and deployment processes.
- Understand the principles of each tool and when they can be used.
- Improve your existing process to create an optimised setup, improving quality across the software development lifecycle.
What will I learn?
- Source code management (svn and git)
- Static analysis
- Linux skills: server commands, apache vhost config
- Performance: profiling and caching
- Introduction to continuous integration
Please get in touch with us for information on when we are running this course.
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you