PHP 202 : Building PHP Applications
Take your PHP skills to the next level and build robust, scalable systems with this two-day training course designed to rapidly develop your PHP coding expertise. We’ll focus on using object oriented approaches and database concepts, two of the core building blocks for developing PHP applications, and learn about design patterns.
This course takes a very practical approach to using OOP concepts and design approaches. You’ll build a simple MVC application to put your new skills in to practice. There’s a strong focus on data handling, including how to design databases for scalability, writing complex join queries and using PDO to get the best out of PHP. We also cover other data sources such as working with web services and files.
This is a hands-on training course so you’ll be able to hone your skills with our specially designed exercises aimed at developing a deep understanding that you can then put in to practice in your own development projects after you have completed the course.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Create performant, scalable applications using the best practices of the industry
- Work with design patterns to architect new and innovative solutions and use these features in the frameworks you work with
- Understand the advanced features of PHP
- Build modular, maintainable systems
What will I learn?
- File handling
- Design patterns and frameworkless MVC
- Web services
- Databases: design, joins and EXPLAIN (MySQL)
- Dependency injection
- Introduction to Unit Testing
Please get in touch with us for information on when we are running this course.
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Metropolitan University so our courses are zero rated)