PHP 201 : PHP for Programmers
This two-day training course is designed to quickly get you up to speed with the essentials of PHP. You’ll learn the core features of the language from an experienced PHP developer and trainer, using a blend of talks and hands-on exercises which will give you the knowledge, understanding and skills to equip you for successful coding in PHP. You’ll also get a clear overview of how the web works and understand why PHP is a great choice of language for web applications today. We introduce and guide you through object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques, which makes this course ideal if your programming experience to date is mainly in a procedural language. We’ll also cover exception handling and the best of the features added in PHP 5.3 and 5.4.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Utilise modern PHP features such as Object Oriented Programming to develop larger applications
- Develop robust applications
- Confidently apply the skills you have learned to new problems and projects
- Understand the principles of how the web works
- Save time on debugging by being able to isolate problems at any layer of your code
What will I learn?
- Web principles: HTTP and cookies/sessions
- Functions best practice
- Object Oriented Programming : objects, inheritance and interfaces
- The new features in PHP 5.3/5.4
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training suite so no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Metropolitan University so our courses are zero rated)