Digital Marketing 101 : Improve Your Website's Visibility using Search Engine Optimisation
Take your first steps in digital marketing with this one day Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) training course. Gain an understanding of how search engines work, in order to identify clear steps to improve your website ranking and visibility to visitors who are using the keywords that identify your products and servcies in Google, Bing or other search engines.
The course is practical, so you’ll be able to try out the approaches during the course. Case studies, quizzes and exercises will show you how to carry out a properly planned Search Engine Optimisation campaign that will deliver visible results for your business.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to
- Increase your website's search engine ranking
- Implement an effective SEO campaign
- Attract new clients for your business
- Develop an action plan for improving your site
What will I learn?
- How to optimise your website for search engine ranking
- Keyword analysis
- Best practice SEO web design, copywriting and site architecture
- Developing a properly planned SEO campaign
- Carrying out link building
- An understanding of Google and other search engine ranking factors
- How to put into practice this SEO advice, practical exercises and tips
|1||Search Engine Marketing Overview||Natural vs PayPerClick, SEO Campaign Risks; How Search Engines Rank; Google Page Rank; Google Algorithm; Bots and Robot.txt; Universal, Local and Personal Search|
|2||SEO Campaign Strategy and Planning||Auditing your site and current performance; Competitor Analysis; Goals; Keyword Research|
|3||Search Engine Tools and Services||Webmaster Tools; Google places; Google shopping; Bing webmaster tools; Yahoo Site Explorer; Google Keyword Tool;|
|4||On Page SEO||URL; content; copywriting; title and meta; keywords; design and coding|
|5||Link Building||Page rank; no-follow; the role of social media|
|6||Bad SEO||Myths; hidden text; cloaking; duplicate content; doorway pages; keyword stuffing|
|7||More SEO||Stats; checklist; choosing a CMS; tracking and analytics; logging changes; keyword ranking|
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so all equipment is provided.
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We dont charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Metropolitan University so our courses are zero rated)