SEO : Improve Your Website's Visibility using Search Engine Optimisation
Take your first steps in digital marketing with this one day Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) training course. Gain an understanding of how search engines work, in order to identify clear steps to improve your website ranking and visibility to visitors who are using the keywords that identify your products and services in Google, Bing or other search engines.
The course is practical, so you’ll be able to try out the approaches during the course. Case studies and exercises will show you how to carry out a properly planned SEO campaign that will deliver visible results for your business.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Increase your website's search engine rankings
- Create and implement an effective SEO campaign
- Attract new clients for your business
- Develop an action plan for improving your site
What will I learn?
- How do search engines work?
- How to develop local, national and international SEO strategies
- Keyword research
- Competitive analysis
- Best practice SEO copywriting
- Creating an optimum website architecture
- Getting pages both indexed and both
- Why links and brand mentions are important and how to get them
- An understanding of Google and other search engine ranking factors
- How to put into practice this SEO advice, practical exercises and tips
|1||Search Engine Marketing Overview||Natural vs pay-per-click, SEO campaign risks; how Search Engines Work; Google Algorithms; Bots and Robot.txt; Universal, Local and Personal Search; Semantic Search|
|2||SEO Campaign Strategy and Planning||Auditing an existing site and current performance, Competitor Analysis; Goals; Keyword Research|
|3||On Page SEO||URLs; content; copywriting; title and meta descriptions, design and efficient coding, page load speed, user metrics|
|4||Free Search Engine Tools & Services||Google Webmaster Tools; Bing Webmaster tools, Google Keywords Planner, Copyscape, 301 internet officer|
|5||Earning Links||Blogger outreach, Online PR, relationship building, the role of social media and content marketing|
|6||Bad SEO||Myths, hidden text, cloaking; duplicate content, doorway pages; keyword stuffing, paid link activity, ‘dark art’ approach|
|7||Digital Project Management||Creating a development set up, choosing appropriate systems for content management / online selling, implementing basic agile project management principles|
Please get in touch with us for information on when we are running this course.
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am and finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so all equipment is provided.
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We dont charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Beckett University so our courses are zero rated)