Adobe Premiere Pro Training 101
This new three day Adobe certified premiere pro training course is an excellent way to learn how to use Adobe Premiere Pro to produce professional quality productions.
You will realise the full benefits of your investment in Adobe Premiere Pro, using breakthrough performance for video production, and working faster thanks to the revolutionary native 64-bit, GPU-accelerated Adobe Mercury Playback Engine.
Book this course together with Adobe After Effects 101 as part of the Adobe Video Editing Masterclass for £850 – saving £70.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Produce professional-quality video productions using Adobe Premiere Pro for TV, web or DVD
- Master Premiere Pro's bundled programmes too, using the best tools to create the required effects
What will I learn?
- How to create sequences, import media assets and selectively view these prior to importing them
- How to review and select the material to use in your production
- Organising Premiere Pro projects
- Using the many excellent tools in Premiere Pro
- Creating a sequence with footage using sequences to simplify production
- How to add effects and transitions
- Creating single and multiple picture effects
- Creating professional titles and rolling/crawling titles (including adding logos) which can be reused on multiple projects
- How to colour correct/colour grade footage including primary and secondary colour correction
- Using audio tools in Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition to sweeten, save and balance your audio
- Exporting your production - for the web, TV, film or DVD using Premiere Pro, Adobe Encore & the Adobe Media Encoder
|1||Workspace & Starting a Project||Understand the interface, the elements within it and how to customise it as you need. Accessing and using different workspaces. Setting up your project, splash screens sequences|
|2||Importing Assets||Getting assets into PP, keeping an organised project panel; assembling assets in sequences|
|3||Capturing Footage||'On-Location' (OL) (a programme bundled with Premiere Pro); recording footage directly to your hard disc with OL. Capturing footage from an HDV camera via i.link (firewire) as individual clips, as automated batches and as a whole tape|
|4||Assemble and Edit a Sequence||Common keyboard short-cuts and editing tools for build up ; frame perfect sequences|
|6||Transitions||Build transitions from scratch and apply and modify 'standard' PP transitions into your sequences. Use the 'motion' effects to build 'Picture-in-Picture' (PiP) effects and apply and modify standards PiP effects to your timelines|
|7||Titles & the Title Designer||Master the title creation tools within PP to add titles to a timeline; create professional rolling and crawling titles. Use the title designer to create additional graphic elements to build lower thirds and other graphic and text elements|
|8||Colour Corrections and Effects||Colour correction and colour grading are now essential parts of professional video production. Learn the basics of colour correction in PP, understand the built-in graphs and how to use them, use the basic tools to correct footage, create vignettes, simulate day-for-evening shots and learn how to make your video shine with the 'Filmic Glow' technique (makes video look more like film)|
|9||Audio in PP||Audio is more than 50% of great video. If you have an OK video production but great sound people will stay with it, but if you have a wonderful video production but poor sound you will lose your audience. Learn the PP audio tools (time-line and effects), how to deal with audio problems and, using 'Sound Booth' (SB) (another programme bundled with PP) we will look at some simple audio 'issues' and how to solve them as well as recording a narration directly in PP|
|10||Output||Output your work so that it can be seen and reviewed by your client and your colleagues. How to output for video, web, tape (and if needed mobile devices) and how to use the 'Adobe Media Encoder' which also ships with PP. We will also take a brief look at 'Encore' (En) which again ships with PP and can be used to create professional standard menu driven DVDs, blue-ray and web output|
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Beckett University so our courses are zero rated)