Adobe Illustrator Introduction
Adobe Illustrator has firmly established itself as a market leader in digital illustration and “infographics”, shaping the way branding and advertising has evolved over the decades. From cereal box design, to multi-national corporate logo and identity, Adobe Illustrator is at the heart of global visual communications.
This two day Illustrator training course develops the skills you need to create, manage, and edit vector artwork. Gain a sound introduction to the concepts of vector graphics and their implementation within the design process, and learn best practice approaches which boost your productivity
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Produce a range of impactful graphic visuals
- Understand the application of vector based graphics
- Save time and boost your productivity as well as the quality of your finished design.
What will I learn?
- Essential drawing and production techniques using diverse tools and features
- The advantages of vector based graphics for developing your skills
- How to use professional vector editing software correctly in order to save time and increase your productivity
- The characteristics and concepts of vector graphics.
- Opening and defining specifications for new document settings.
- How to save and export artwork.
- Customising the user interface to better suit your workflow.
- Creating simple shapes and objects with shape and line tools, and using the pen tool to create custom shapes.
- Working with colour, styles and effects to characterise your artwork.
- Formatting type characters and paragraphs.
- Working with layers to maximise your workflow efficiency
|1||Introduction to Illustrator and vector graphics||Discover the characteristics of vector graphics and how they differ from digital photographs. Become familiar with the interface and how to modify its appearance to suit your workflow requirements|
|2||Managing Documents||Learn how to open, set up and manage document size, orientation, format and artboard properties|
|3||Selecting and arranging content||Before you can edit vector graphics you'll learn how to select, place and arrange them on the artboards. Including techniques for hiding, locking and duplicating objects with preset line tools|
|4||Using pre-set shapes and objects||Learn how to create simple shapes, lines and grid objects|
|5||Drawing custom objects||Master 'the pen' tool and explore ways custom shapes can be drawn and edited efficiently|
|6||Brushes||Brushes let you stylise the appearance of paths. Apply brush strokes to paths and use the Paintbrush to draw a path and apply brushstrokes|
|1||Applying colour||This module looks at techniques specifying and applying colour strokes and fill swatches. As well as an overview of the Stroke and Kuler panels.|
|2||Modifying objects||Using pathfinder panel to merge, join and divide objects as well transforming object scale, shear, angle, and reflect properties|
|3||Styles and effects||This module covers topics on creating and applying special effects and ways in which object appearance. Once saved, these "styles" can be re-applied to multiple objects, saving you valuable time|
|4||Layers||Manage content by separating your artwork onto separate layers. This can simplify the editing process and allow you to view only what is relevant to the task at hand.|
|5||Type||Learn how to apply point and area type to artwork. As well as the application of character and paragraph formatting.|
|6||Output||This module looks at techniques for achieving consistent colour for print and web. Including managing web safe colour.|
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our Apple training suite so there's no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Metropolitan University so our courses are zero rated)