Adobe After Effects 201
Adobe After Effects is an industry standard tool for professionals working in 2D and 3D motion graphics, visual effects, and compositing. It offers a powerful, flexible and affordable toolset to help you deliver creative motion content for film, video, web and mobile.
This three-day training course will give you a deeper understanding of the core features of the software, as well as covering more advanced tools and functionality. The course will give you the tool-set to create professional, eye-catching work across a wide range of projects. Topics covered will include: advanced animation techniques, advanced masking and transparency control; keying and roto, in depth type animation, shape layers, colour and tonal correction, effects, time-remapping, working in 3D space, understanding and using expressions, stabilisation and tracking – and more.
The course is suitable for users who already have a basic working knowledge of the software and wish to increase the their understanding of After Effects and leverage the power of it’s more advanced features. If you’re new to After Effects why not start with our Adobe After Effects 101 course?
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you will:
- Have a deeper understanding and greater control of the core features of After Effects.
- Understand the full range of tools and techniques available within the software.
- Be able to deliver more sophisticated motion graphics, animation and video content.
What will I learn?
- Advanced animation techniques and the graph editor
- Advanced masking and transparency
- Keying and Roto
- Advanced type animation
- The power of shape layers
- Time-remapping techniques
- Colour and tonal correction
- Deeper into effects
- Paint and puppet
- Working with audio
- Precomposing and render order
- Working in 3D space
- Working with expressions
- Image stabilisation and motion tracking
- Introduction to tracking in Mocha AE
- Rendering, output and integration
- Keyframes in depth
- Anchor Point motion control
- The graph editor
Advanced masking and transparency
- Mask control
- Mattes, stencils and the T
- Keying and Roto
Advanced type animation
- Understanding the type animation system
- Selectors, shapes and properties
Shape layers in depth
- Shape layer hierarchy
- Shape layer modifiers and animation
- Shapes, masks and position
- Time-remapping and control
Colour and tonal correction
- Basic colour management
- Effects for colour and tone
Deeper into effects
- Selected effects in depth
- Mask based effects
- Compound effects
Working with hierarchies
- Render order
Paint and puppet
- Paint, clone and puppet
- Working with audio tracks
Working in 3D space
- 3D layers
- 3D camera animation
- Lights and shadows
- Raytrace and Cineware overview
Working with expressions
- Understanding expressions
- Essential expressions
- Expression resources
Stabilisation and tracking
- Stabilisation and point tracking in AE
- 3D camera tracking in AE
- An introduction to planar tracking in Mocha AE
Rendering, output and integration
Old Broadcasting House, Leeds
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you