Adobe After Effects 101
Adobe After Effects is recognised as the essential tool for motion graphics and visual effects. It offers a fast, flexible, affordable 2D and 3D compositing and animation toolset to help you develop your creative ideas with speed and control and deliver high-quality results for film, video, multimedia or the Web.
This two-day training course will show you how to use Adobe After Effects to produce motion graphics, compositions and movies that will bring your work to life and equip you with the skills you need to enhance your creativity and please your clients.
Whether you already have some hands on experience with After Effects and wish to have a better understanding of the many features and tools within After Effects or are looking for a course that will give a strong foundation in the key aspects of After Effects, this course is for you.
Book this course together with Adobe Premiere Pro 101 as part of the Adobe Video Editing Masterclass for £850 – saving £70.
How will I benefit?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create professional motion graphics and visual effects, suitable for the web, CD or DVD
- Learn short cuts in producing blockbuster motion graphics.
- Develop an understanding of high-resolution multilayer compositing and animation
What will I learn?
- import your media assets and selectively view your assets prior to importing them
- organise your assets so they can easily be found.
- animate your assets
- refine your animations so they look professional
- create, modify and animate shapes - including creating shapes from text
- create and use solid layers, null objects and adjustment layer
- apply, modify and animating modifications of various effects applied within AE
- use one object to control other objects How to play with time How to colourise, correct, grade and change the colour and feel of you assets with colour correction tools and blending tools
- create, modify and animate text
- create your own presets and use and modify built-in presets
- create and use masks and mattes
- work with green or blue-screen shot footage and composite that footage over new background
- motion track footage and add elements to your footage using that tracking data
- stabilise your shaky footage
- animate a still image with the puppet tool
- export your production directly from AE and through the Adobe Media Encoder
|1||Workspace||Understand the interface and know how to customise it as you need. Know how to access and use different workspaces|
|2||Importing Assets||You will learn how to get your assets into After Effects ready to work with and how to keep an organised project panel and assemble your assets in compositions.|
|3||Animating Assets||Learn about keyframes, the different type, and how to use them to produce animation within your compositions including paths and how to make objects orient along paths and how to select, edit and duplicate keyframes. Learn about keyframes, the different type, and how to use them to produce animation within your compositions including paths and how to make objects orient along paths and how to select, edit and duplicate keyframes|
|4||Shape Layers||Shape layers (added in CS3) are a great way to produce custom assets within AE. Learn about shape layers, how to customise and animate them and control vector shapes in After Effects|
|5||Layers||Learn about the various types of layers within After Effects and begin to see some of the possibilities! Replace footage, set in and out points for the layers and composition and how to ensure After Effects interprets the footage you give it properly|
|6||Parenting, Introduction to Effects and playing with Time||Start to explore the options in After Effects to link layers to|
Please get in touch with us for information on when we are running this course.
More information about this course
Attending the course:
- The course starts at 9:30 am on the first day and 9:00 am on the second day. Each day finishes at 5:00 pm.
- We're open from 8:30 am for coffee, papers and magazines and WIFI.
- Important things like great coffee, tea, water, biscuits, mints and lunch are provided.
- The course takes place in our training centre so no need to bring anything with you
- The price published is fully inclusive.
- We don't charge VAT (we're part of Leeds Beckett University so our courses are zero rated)